Wednesday, March 25, 2015

to my 10 year old self:

You'll be disappointed in what can happen in just eight years.


You might not like where eight years takes you.


You will have more bad days than good ones,
but you'll meet some really cool people along the way.

People will make fun of you for dressing like a jedi for Halloween,
and they'll make fun of the way your teeth look
and tell you that your forehead is too big.

But you'll be okay.

You'll go through heartbreak, you'll wish you could be somebody else.
You won't like the way you look or talk. 
You will never get any better at singing. 

But you'll be okay.

You'll meet some rad people.

You will kiss strangers and smoke cigarettes by the fire.

It might not be the kind of future you've pictured all these years,

you won't turn out the way you thought,

but you'll be okay.

You'll meet the greatest friends in the world, people you don't even know exist yet.

And you'll have a lot of weird adventures and funny stories to tell.

You'll get your teeth fixed eventually and they'll stop calling you a beaver, I promise.

You will get your drivers liscence and trust me you will get a lot of tickets.
But you'll have a car. 

And that car can take you anywhere.

You will fall in love
And you will fall on your face

But you'll be okay.

You might not like where eight years takes you.

Birthdays aren't quite as exciting as they used to be.

Cigarettes kill you.

Falling in love kills you.

Growing up kills you a little bit.

BUT YOU'LL BE OKAY.

I know you might be disappointed.

I know if you were real, if you were still here,
if you could see what eight years did to you,

You'd probably cry a little bit.
I know a lot can change 

But I'm okay.
I'm okay
I'm okay

We'll be okay






8 comments:

  1. Your blog is just so good. I can't wait to figure out who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many good little stories being told here. You are amazing and Retweet that comment ^

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But you'll be okay"

    And I want to say thank you for the comments. Like even the ones you post on other people's blogs, I just really like you

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be okay equals theme for my high school career.

    Awesome post Heisenberg! One of my favorite blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You will fall in love and you will fall on your face."
    Holy shit. Every time I know I won't be disappointed. You are exceptional. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "but you'll be ok." that rings so true. i think you hit this right on

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to know who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like on the edge of my seat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this post ok. I do.

    ReplyDelete