Sunday, March 8, 2015

...

and i think that some of my worst moments

have been those seconds where everything collapses.

after being strong for so long,

the bricks fall down into a pile

of broken rubble.

I know mirrors can't tell anything more 

than whats on the outside,

but i guess i was trusting on the mirror to see inside my mind

now something inside me says,

"you're not doing as well

as you thought you were"

i may not be as broken as i thought i was,

but the glue i was using 

to try and stick my pieces back together

isn't holding anymore.


6 comments:

  1. You just touched my frickin' heart. I've been there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i may not be as broken as i thought i was,
    but the glue i was using
    to try and stick my pieces back together
    isn't holding anymore.

    this is simple yet very effective and heartfelt. ive felt this way too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I know mirrors can't tell anything more

    than whats on the outside,"

    speak to me more. pleaaaasee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "some of my worst moments"

    Such an important post. Very introspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "i may not be as broken as i thought i was, but the glue i was using to try and stick my pieces back together isn't holding anymore." powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this whole thing was soooooooooooo powerful.

    ReplyDelete