Sunday, February 22, 2015

astronaut

I know that am composed of faulty memories
and endless universes.

I am blighted, wrecked and sinking.

I know my hands are shaking
but I'm holding galexies beneath my skin
and they're threatening to break through.

I wish I knew all that the universe held.
All it is composed of.

I mean the night sky is luminous,
breathtaking, infinite, cold and sharp.

There are endless dark skies and starry galexies

I do know that there is dark matter in me,
fragile matter; all-the-things-that-dont-but-really-do-matter
and its all hidden beneath a fake smile.

My tired eyes see pieces of my vulnerability
in the scattered stars above.

The universe is too big and too fast moving to stop and realize that I am dissolving piece by piece into nothing.

and one day you'll reach out at the place I once stood,
but you'll touch only air.

And im gone right before your eyes.

I am now simply just a whisper in the night skies

4 comments:

  1. "all-the-things-that-dont-but-really-do-matter
    and its all hidden beneath a fake smile."

    Heisenburg!!!!!! Yes yes yes. This was rad and deep and a million things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am now simply just a whisper in the night skies"

    Absolutely loved that line. Music to my ears

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Piece by piece into nothing" there are so many great lines and beautiful ideas in here

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I know my hands are shaking
    but I'm holding galexies beneath my skin
    and they're threatening to break through." You are perfection

    ReplyDelete