Wednesday, May 20, 2015

written for you forever ago

Look, I know we haven't really talked in weeks,
but today is your birthday.

And I know that nothing is the same these days,
but today is your birthday.

At this time just last year, you and I were different people than we are now.

At this time just last year, I would've done anything to make your birthday a good one.
And I did.

But its 11:47p.m. and your birthday isn't over quite yet
and I haven't wished you a happy birthday.

Maybe it's because you didn't say a word to me when I turned 18...
Maybe it's because every blog post you write breaks my heart all over again
Maybe it's because I know I don't matter anymore.

Maybe it's because I miss the sound of your voice
probably a little bit more than I should.

I don't owe you a thing,
you fucked me up and you put me here and
today is your birthday.

I know we haven't really talked in weeks,
but happy birthday.









No comments:

Post a Comment