Friday, February 6, 2015

ROBOT



Maybe it's inevitable. 
As we all grow older, we slowly lose ourselves a little bit. Our lives begin to fade and turn into a monotonous shade of gray.

I dream of growing up and remaining purely human. I dream of a colorful future.

But in the future we get lost in day to day routines, stuck behind the inescapable crippling bars of a desk job. 

Stuck in an endless sorrow, we become ROBOTS..

So for now.. for now I want to stay young. to remain human.

I am still a human being and I don't want to lose myself. I don't want to end up as another plastered product of this society
I'm not perfect, none of us are I guess.
I get lost sometimes, but I'm still a sucker for those deep blue eyes that always seem to find a way back into my mind. 

I've had my heart broken, I'm afraid of growing up, I cry in my car and I take naps like it's my job. I'm far from perfect. I have feelings and hormones and taste buds that crave cookie dough.
and yeah, I'm HUMAN..

I want to travel the world and learn to fly.
I want to walk the streets of Paris and explore the jungles in South America. 
I want to create and destroy things and learn about what's really important,
I want to learn how to live my life and how to love myself. 

So please, don't let me succumb to this colorless lifestyle. Let me stay human. 
Teach me how to overcome the future, to know what it truly feels like to be free.
 Teach me something quick before I, myself fade away into this painfully dull, corporate world




4 comments:

  1. Every word hit home with me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked all the details that you used. It made this post fun and interesting to read, but it still made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Teach me something quick before I, myself fade away into this painfully dull, corporate world"
    This piece really hit the feels. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Screw the corporate world! Keep hope alive. Sounds like you will. Let your fear motivate you.

    ReplyDelete