Sunday, April 26, 2015

reasons to write

Right now I'm writing because this past week has been different.
Because I didn't need a bottle of pills on the edge of my nightstand to feel okay.

I'm writing because I haven't really written anything in a while,
I don't know if thats your fault, or simply just because I'm happy.

I'm writing because the snow has stopped falling,
and this air is a little bit easier on my lungs.

And because the mountains are the only things standing still.
Everything else, especially the clouds, are moving much faster than I would like.

I'm writing because I don't have much to say.
all I know right now is that life is kind of strange, kind of passing by.

And these colors are more real than they've ever been before

But right now I'm writing because this past week has been different
because I've finally found something.

Because you've given me a reason to stick around here a while longer.
you made the snow stop falling
you put a cap on the bottle, and closed up the eager boxes,
and given me eyes

I'm writing because at least the mountains are standing still in all this chaos




4 comments:

  1. The pills and the colors and the mountains. This post made me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this gave me hope. this has always been one of my favorite blogs to follow and this post is definitely a new favorite. i think i needed to hear this, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that last line.

    and that rubics cube though.

    ReplyDelete