Monday, February 2, 2015

empty

It's hard not to feel empty when those same eyes that once looked at me as if I were made of entire galaxies now see right through me

You played me like I was one of your stupid video games..
and I lost
so I think a congratulations is in order
for you have won,

you've won this hell of a grudge
you've won all of the curse words I scream into the emptiness, as I sit
pretending that you are listening to each and every word that escapes me

this is for the you that I never fell in love with
the person you turned into.



and I'm holding my breath for you,
realizing that a "light year" is not a unit of length
but actually the spaces that keep me from those damn city lights on your skin

and you've left me feeling EMPTY
like all of my organs and bones have dissolved
like all the blood has drained from my veins.

There is an emptiness from when you'd keep me up past 3am.
You still keep me up sometimes

You brought me out of hell
just to throw me right back in again.
And that little taste of heaven, 
oh god,
that was you

I cannot sleep tonight

So now i walk around with caution tape tightly wrapped around my heart
and I'm having a hard time learning how to breathe again
my lungs ache
my limbs feel weak

You've left me trapped somewhere in this painful dance between a beautiful recovery and this need to just let go,
to let go and paint these empty streets with whatever is left of me

please, just let me sleep

7 comments:

  1. Ouch.

    "paint these empty streets with whatever is left of me"

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah. powerful powerful words. loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful in its own torturing way. and i love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot. Heisenburg. i feel for you. please dont stop ever writing cause this is powerful and real and means a lot to a girl like me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'and you've left me feeling EMPTY like all of my organs and bones have dissolved like all the blood has drained from my veins."

    Yeah, this was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang Mr. White. You're incredible, you're writing is amazing

    ReplyDelete